1. Does Gregor's family blame him for their present situation?
They kind of do since his was they person making the money and without him they have to go out themselves now, even though the father had some put away.
2. How does Gregor's family get over losing Gregor so quickly?
They stopped caring about him a long time ago, they had already moved on.
3. Does Gregor's family feel sadness at his death? Relief?
I think it may be both because since his their son they have to feel some sort of sadness from his death but in the end they didn’t want to help or take care of him anymore so it was kind of a relief.
4. Why does Gregor stop eating?
He feels like there’s no point in him being around if everyone has given up on him.
5. If Gregor is a bug, why do his feelings tend to be more humane than when he was human ?
The only think about him that wasn’t bug like was his feelings and its been like that through the whole story because he still cares for his family.
6. Why does the family abandon Gregor?
At first they really didn’t know how to take care of him but near the end they just get tired of taking care of him and gave up hope.
7. Why does Gregor still have love and affection for his family even after they start to forget about him?
He still cared for them because they were his family and even though they may not have cared anymore for him he saw passed that .
8. How long has Gregor been in the room before he dies?
He was in his room for at least a month.
9. Is there significance why the Maid finds Gregor dead and not one of his family members? After Gregor turns into a bug, he mentions that his family sometimes goes on walks together.
It just another sign that the family was forgetting about Gregor, like when they stop taking care of him and at the end of the book when they go on that walk together. It also shows that the family just didn’t care anymore.
10. Why does Grete NOW choose to get a job? Both her parents are getting them so what’s the point?
She wanted to be her own person and plus she didn’t have the responsibility of caring for Gregor anymore.